Family

Family

Monday, August 8, 2011

nugget of wisdom

For anyone who has planned a wedding or even just been to a wedding, you know that there are lots of details that go into the day. From day one of planning our wedding, I’ve tried to keep things in perspective and constantly ask myself “will this detail matter when I’m looking back on the pictures and remembering our special day 20 years from now?” In most cases, the answer is no. With less than 12 weeks to go and all the big things checked off the list (dress, caterer, DJ, photographer, flowers, cake) it’s hard not to get wrapped up and overwhelmed in all the little details left to figure out. So, when I came across this little nugget of wisdom, I couldn’t help but share it with you:

“A wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly.”

I am getting pretty excited about sharing our big day with our closest family and friends, but more than anything else, I can’t wait to be married to my best friend, my mountain man, my adventure buddy, the one I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment