Family

Family

Monday, April 23, 2012

Apple Blossom

This past Saturday, our little town of Sebastopol held its annual Apple Blossom Parade. Saturday was by far the hottest day of the week, and probably the hottest day of the year as well, reaching 80 degrees by 10 am. I can remember quite a few times it rained on parade day so this gorgeously hot weather was pretty remarkable and made for a beautiful day. This parade holds a very special place in my heart. I was in band from middle school through high school and marched in the parade every year. Yes, I was a band nerd and damn proud of it! Even now, watching the Twin Hills Middle School and Analy High School bands march down Main Street sends chills through my body and makes me so proud to have been part of such a great music program.

This year my mom entered her gardening business, Cathy’s Corner, into the parade and my sister and I walked with her as the official sign carriers. This was my mom’s first time in the parade and by the big smile on her face, I would guess probably not her last.
Heading to the start of the parade
Getting ready to start!
The sign
So many people lining the street
Cathy of Cathy's Corner
Walking down Main Street
The three ladies
Dad wanted in on the action!
Dad and Mom at the end of the parade
Luke came out to see what his town's parade was all about
What's a parade without a horse wearing pants and a sun hat?

No comments:

Post a Comment