Family

Family

Saturday, November 26, 2011

happy thanksgiving


Oh how I love Thanksgiving! Brisk air, colors changing in the vineyards and trees, smell of turkey in the oven and a crackling fire warming the house. Every year I like to start out Thanksgiving day with a bit of exercise to burn off some calories before the afternoon of eating! Normally I try to sneak away for a quick run, but this year I tried something different. After an early morning boot camp session of sprints, lunges, push ups, and bleacher runs, we met some friends and family in Windsor at Foothill Regional Park for a hike. Despite the sprinkly morning, lots of other walkers/runners/dogs had the same idea and were out enjoying some fresh air and exercise.

It was a fun morning, great way to start the holiday, and the day got even better when the sun decided to come out and bless us with a beautiful Thanksgiving afternoon. We spent the afternoon eating, drinking, and hanging out at my parent's house. Cathy cooked up a delicious meal of the usual suspects - my favorite being the stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy. After dinner and dessert we met up with Luke's parents and family friends for round 2 of dessert and a friendly game of dominoes.

Pumpkins from Cathy's Corner
Cathy cooking up a storm!
Gorgeous view from water tower

The table ready for our Thanksgiving feast
Brothers, Matt and Doug
Brothers-in-law, Jimmy and Luke
Three black dogs - Ellie, Fank, Charlie
Waiting for some treats
Luke and Frank

All night I was debating on whether or not to brave the stores for a little Black Friday shopping. Ultimately I chose to sleep in instead and enjoy a quiet morning while Luke was out hunting.

Listening to Christmas music for the first time this year as I type this!

Happy holidays! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day filled with good food, great company, and lots of laughs.

So much to be thankful for this year:
- My husband
- Wonderful family and friends
- Gracie and Ellie (Frank and Charlie too :) )
- Warm house
- My job
- My health

No comments:

Post a Comment