Family

Family

Friday, August 9, 2013

37 weeks


How far along: 37 weeks as of 8/9/13 - officially considered full term, meaning baby is safe to come at any time now.

Total weight gain: 24 pounds, hopefully not much more!

Best moment this week: Reaching 37 weeks feels like a huge milestone. Knowing all of the major organs are mature enough to function outside the womb is a great feeling. To make this day even better, we woke up to learn that my sister-in-law had a healthy baby boy this morning! She was three weeks ahead of us and it was so fun going through the pregnancy together. Now she had her baby which means we are next!

Looking forward to: Our 38 week appointment on Thursday to check position of baby and make a decision on delivery method.

Anything else: I have slowly come to terms with the fact that we will likely have a c-section in as soon as two weeks. I've been reading and learning as much as possible about breech births and cesareans both of which have been about all I can think about lately. I'm trying to wrap up lots of loose ends at work, but each day it gets more and more difficult to focus and be at work. I now understand why woman stop working a few weeks before their due date. There is just too much on your mind, little details to take care of at home before baby, not to mention the growing belly and increased discomfort and difficulty sleeping at night. I still have two to three weeks of work left, just taking it one day at a time!

I have a feeling these last two to three weeks are going to fly by and I'm trying to soak in every last minute of this pregnancy and each movement in my belly, as well as allow myself a few extra minutes of sleep while I still can.      

No comments:

Post a Comment