Family

Family

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Let the countdown begin

Today marks four months until the big day. The last few weeks have been packed full of meetings with vendors, tastings, discussions on colors and table layout, and lots and lots of planning. I have to admit, it has been fun and each meeting makes me even more excited about our wedding day.

With so much going on, it is easy to get overwhelmed and anxious. One of my favorite ladies from the gym told me a perfect quote this morning which I will try to remember the next time I start to feel the pressure. This woman is about 80 years old and goes to the gym every morning at 5:30 am for her daily swim. She has the best laugh ever, and I can't help but smile and laugh when I'm around her. This morning, we were talking about the weird weather, the rain yesterday and the hot hot weather forecasted for this weekend. She says to me “I’ll take whatever Mother Nature gives me with a smile. I’m above the ground and walking around and that sure beats the alternative!”   

Thank you Gwen, for once again making me laugh, and giving me some perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment