Family

Family

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

final fling

A few weekends ago, my girlfriends and I got together to celebrate my final fling before the ring! We had such an amazing weekend. I can’t thank them all enough for everything they did to make my bachie party so flippin wonderful.

A dozen of us drove out to Forestville where we rented canoes and floated down the Russian River. Luke’s sister, Lisa, and my cousin, Megan, made me a special white hat with veil attached to wear as I went down the river. The veil drew lots of attention from other canoe riders which made the float that much more fun and special. I have never floated that section of the Russian River before and was blown away at what a party it was! There were hundreds of people all out to have a good time. Everyone was so friendly and especially chatty when they found out I was getting hitched! We met some people from Ireland, San Francisco, many locals, and my favorite, a group of gay triathletes in town for the Vineman. Lots of good memories from the trip down the river. Here are a few pictures from the day.


Bride to be ready to go! Thanks to Lisa and Megan for my cute hat!


Debra, Annie, Katrina, Erica, and Emily waiting for canoes


Felecia, Megan, Molly, Tracy, Kelli, and Kaitlin ready to go down the river.


The whole gang


The ladies loading up the canoes. Cheers to a fun day ahead!


Katrina and Molly all set to paddle.


Check out all the canoes on the river - it was such a party!


Hard core floaters! They attached three canoes together and made what you see above.



Lisa with her paddle


Tracy, Lisa, Kaitlin, Molly, and Katrina

Emily and Annie and their champagne in a can!

Kaitlin and Katrina with Molly in the back sunbathing!


Future sis-in-law!

Murphy sisters and bride to be

Katrina and Emily at the end of the canoe trip


Our lovely mascot for the day!

We went back to my house after our day on the river and got ready for the evening. We had a delicious dinner at Volpis Restaurant in Petaluma and then it was time to dance dance dance!    

Ready for our night on the town!

Thanks, Deb, for my new purse!

Future sis-in-law!
 
Emily, Molly, Erin, Kelli, and Katrina at dinner


Annie, Katrina, and Debra downtown Petaluma


Emily, Lisa, Katrina, Annie, Kaitlin, and Molly downtown Petaluma

Our DJ for the evening, what a fitting shirt huh?!

Downtown Petaluma, who knew you were so fun? Thanks for showing us a great time. We all spent the night back at my house and woke up the next morning to the smell of coffee and fresh muffins. Lisa and Annie were hard at work making us a delicious breakfast. Aren't my friends AMAZING?! I know! Thank you to Megan also for bringing the fresh fruit and OJ! After breakfast and before the girls headed home, we played a game. Each girl brought me a gift, but did not sign their name on the gift. They had to bring a gift that started with the first letter of their first name and I was to guess which girl brought it – such a fun and cute idea! For example, Emily gave me earrings. I think everyone got a kick out of watching me play this game the morning after our big night on the town! Great job ladies on being so creative with your gifts! You girls spoiled me and made me fee so special the whole weekend!

The only thing that could have made this weekend any better was if my sister (MOH) could have been there with us. She is in her last year of vet school working her butt off on the East Coast right now. She was missed and hopefully we can do something fun when she comes back home in October. Girls, you up for bachie round two? J

No comments:

Post a Comment