Family

Family

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

how sweet it is

This week Luke and I met with Carolyn of Sweet Expectations for a cake tasting. It was so much fun the way she presented the tasting. She had two plates of different cakes and one plate with all the frosting and filling choices for us to mix and match. Our cake choices were chocolate, white, yellow, and red velvet. It was way too hard to pick a favorite so I think we might have to get a little bit of everything! Frosting choices were butter cream and whipped cream/cream cheese combo which was heavenly on the red velvet cake.   

Let the tasting begin!
Look how excited Luke is to start tasting.

All gone! Clearly we didn't like it at all : )

After the tasting we headed to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Mi Pueblo, for tacos and beer! Every Tuesday this place offers $1 tacos and I am there at least twice a month to take advantage of such a great deal. It was a gorgeous evening so we ate outside, sipped our cervezas, and discussed our cake/dessert options.

I am happy to say that we made a final decision on the cake and all I will share is this: if you know me, you probably know that (1) I LOVE all things dessert and (2) I am terrible at making decisions. Therefore, how could we have only one dessert option at our wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment