Family

Family

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July and my camera

Happy 4th of July! I hope you had a fun weekend celebrating our great country. We had a wonderful weekend enjoying the beautiful weather, hanging out with great friends, and watching some fireworks.

My mom and I headed up to the pear ranch Saturday morning. I knew it was going to be hot when it was 80 degrees at 8:30 in the morning in Sebastopol! 4th of July at the ranch has become tradition for us and it was so much fun sharing it with some new faces this year. My friend Emily, her fiancĂ© Dan, and her brother Jack joined us this year. Luke’s parents, Greg and Carol also came up for the day Saturday. It was hot hot hot on Saturday so most of the day was spent floating on the delta. My dad brought his ski boat and we all took turns being pulled. It was so gorgeous that we stayed out boating until 9:00 pm and had a pretty amazing evening ski. My brother was up there with some of his friends and they put on a fun fireworks show for everyone Saturday night. These guys sat in a canoe on the delta fighting the current and sparks from the fireworks just to give us all a great show. I’m not sure what was more entertaining – the fireworks or watching the boys wincing as the sparks hit them. Their selflessness was greatly appreciated!

I was really hoping to share some pictures of our ranch weekend, but sadly, my camera stopped working out of the blue! One second I was taking pictures on Saturday, and the next second the screen was black and nothing seemed to work. I was hoping it was just a dead battery. As soon as I got home I recharged the battery and stuck it in the camera, but no such luck. It was a good 4 ½ year run with my Canon. Now time for a new one! I need to make my purchase quickly – there are so many fun and memorable events coming up and I don’t want to miss out documenting these times. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on cameras!  

Here are a few pictures of the weekend that other people took!
Calm Delta Waters - view from the dock

Taking a ride in the chop top

Sunday morning was another hot one. After cooling off in the delta, my mom and I headed back home. Luke had been gone all week in the Virgin Islands for work checking out a possible solar project and he returned late Saturday night. It was good to see him and have him back home! We spent Sunday afternoon making food for the upcoming work week.

Thank goodness I have my phone to snap some pics until I get a new camera!

First basil harvest of the season


mmmm fresh pesto


Grill master at work


Sweet corn, veggies, and venison


Sunday night we met up with my cousin, John and his wife Felecia for the Analy fireworks in Sebastopol. The town was hopping! There were so many people out having a great time, live music in the streets, ice cream trucks, and lots and lots of fireworks. It was a great show and fun to see John and Felecia.

Wow, that was a long post! It was such a fun weekend. It feels like Summer has finally arrived.





No comments:

Post a Comment